Monday 26 August 2013

Past times.

Catching up on past times. Do women catch up on past times?



csp11196042  I was speaking with a friend I caught up with after five years. It was really a pleasant surprise and I decided to invite her to my home.
We talked over glasses of red wine and cakes. I asked her what she had been up to lately and she talked about retailing and interior decoration services. Then we talked about what it was like catching up again. To a great extent I enjoyed every bit of the moment we spent together.

When she left I figured a lot had changed about her, her dress sense, her speech, she was a whole new person. She was also of the opinion that she was not so used to talking to people about what she had been doing and where she had been but talking about all that with me made her realize she had done a lot with herself in just little time. As I poured myself the rest of the red wine, I turned on my computer and emailed some old nerdy girlfriends I used to run a book club with, an idea had just popped into my head. I wanted to find out where they were currently and how we could meet up and have a wonderful girls' day out. In 30minutes, I had emailed four girls I was a bit sure were in town, now the hard part was hoping they were going to honour the invitation. I almost slept off on the couch when I heard my blackberry message notifier, it was Vanessa's reply to my mail, she said she was really down with the idea and she would love to help make arrangements for it. I smiled as I replied with a simple thank you note, it always felt good planning meet ups, hang outs and events generally. I lay on the couch, closed my eyes and decided to take a little nap. I silently wished I would dream of girls on heels sitting at a round table sipping cocktails and laughing out loud till drinks spill from their nostrils. I chuckled and plunged into a restive nap.





No comments: